Investing with a Self-Directed IRA or 401(k)

Instructions on setting up a SDIRA account with Streitwise

Self-directed IRA’s are an efficient way to save money for retirement. You may not know but it is possible to invest in real estate offerings like Streitwise with a SDIRA. If your SDIRA custodian is already approved with Streitwise (see below for list) then you can get started here using these instructions. It’s also possible to rollover funds into an approved custodian.

See below for how to sign up with your SDIRA.

Questions about Self-Directed IRA's and 401(k)s

How do I invest with my self-directed IRA?

If you are a self-directed IRA holder in a custodian we have partnered with (see below) or reached out to us to get your current custodian approved, follow steps below. You can also follow steps here.

  1. Go to the Start Investing page and click the Invest Today button.
  2. A popup will appear. Fill out your name, email, select a Self-Directed IRA or 401(k) option, how much you wish to invest, and then Wire transfer. Click Next.
  3. Fill out your personal information as well as custodian information and submit your investment. Make sure to include your account number in the account name.
  4. Wire instructions will be sent to your email address. Make sure you receive this or check your junk folder.
  5. We will send you a subscription agreement as well as any other forms your specific custodian may need.
  6. Forward these instructions and subscription agreement to your IRA custodian with the note that you want funds wired to 1st Streit Office Inc. Please include the 6 digit reference number on your wire transmittal so that funds are allocated to your registration once received.
  7. Once funds are received, it will take about 3-4 weeks to issue shares and receive your login.
  8. When shares are issued, you will receive an email with instructions on how to setup an account in the Investor Center with our transfer agent, Computershare.

What self-directed IRA's custodians are Streitwise partnered with?

Streitwise is able to work with most SDIRA custodians. We have worked with the following custodians:

If your custodian is not listed here, please reach out to your custodian and see if you’re able to invest in a non-traded REIT with your SDIRA and contact us. If so, you may be able to invest in Streitwise with your custodian. We are not currently able to accept Vanguard, Fidelity, or Charles Schwab investors.


What fees will I pay as an IRA holder?

Streitwise fees will be the same as any holder.

You may pay separate fees with your custodian such as annual holding fees or account minimums. You should contact your custodian representative direct to inquire about fees that you may be charged by them.

I have a 401(k) and not an IRA. How do I invest?

If you have a 401(k) plan with an employer, we recommend that you rollover your funds into a self-directed IRA first. We recommend reaching out to one of the companies with which we have an established partnership to set up an account first and then proceed to the steps as outlined in the “How do I invest with my self-direct IRA” question.

If you would like to invest funds with your 401(k) without rolling over, connect your 401(k) custodian with us and we can attempt to get approved on their platform.

How do I add more funds?

The easiest way to add more funds as an IRA holder is through the Start Investing page. This method will generate a subscription agreement on the Start Investing page and your custodian will wire funds over just like when you set up your account originally.

With a smaller minimum ($500), you also have the option to invest by check, if your custodian can send payment by check. If you would like to do so, please email us and we’ll send you instructions to pay by check.

How do I enroll in the Dividend Reinvestment Plan?

Email us notifying of your intention to enroll in the Dividend Reinvestment Plan and we will send you a secure Docusign to complete. This will authorize your enrollment and we will enroll you directly.

Note: Dividend Reinvestment Plan enrollment forms must be signed by a Custodian representative for IRA accounts. Please provide a direct email address for the Custodian representative when making the request to enroll. 

How you can generate passive income through real estate ownership with Streitwise

How would you like to generate potentially high-yield passive income, diversify your portfolio away from the stock market, and build equity through institutional-quality real estate? Streitwise allows anyone (accredited or not) to easily invest in commercial real estate normally not available to regular investors. Fill out this form to learn more.

  • Hidden
  • Hidden
  • Hidden