Investing as a foreign / Non-USA resident

Foreign / non-USA. residents can invest in Streitwise's REIT offering. Please see important information below.

Subject to certain limitations and clearances, we are able to accept international investors outside of the USA. For more details, search “Non-U.S.” in the Offering Circular. Please review important information below to invest as a foreign / non-U.S.A. resident.

Note: Our phone support is currently English language-only. If you need support in another language, please email us and we will do our best to work with a translation service.

Tax considerations for foreign / non-USA investors

The rules governing U.S. federal income taxation of non-U.S. individuals and non-U.S. corporations are complex. For a summary of such rules, you may begin by reviewing the section in our full Offering Circular titled “Taxation of Foreign Stockholders”. This section is only a summary, and we urge non-U.S. stockholders to consult their own tax advisers, just like they would when investing in U.S. firms in the stock market, to determine the impact of federal, state and local income tax laws on ownership of our stock, including any reporting requirements.

A withholding tax equal to 30% of the gross amount of the dividend will ordinarily apply unless an applicable tax treaty reduces or eliminates the tax. We plan to withhold U.S. federal income tax at the rate of 30% on the gross amount of any distribution paid to a non-U.S. stockholder unless either:

(a) Lower treaty rate applies and the non-U.S. stockholder files an IRS Form W-8BEN or Form W-8BEN-E (with appropriate attachments) evidencing eligibility for that reduced rate with us, or

(b) The non-U.S. stockholder files an IRS Form W-8ECI with us claiming that the distribution is income that is effectively connected with a trade or business in the United States. We are unable to offer any assistance or services with respect to reducing the initial 30% withholding rate, and urge non-U.S. stockholders to consult their own tax advisers.

Note for capital gains tax: Dividends we designate as capital gain dividends will generally be taxable at long-term capital gains rates for U.S. federal income tax purposes. However, because each investor’s tax considerations are different, we recommend that you consult with your tax advisor. You also should review the section of this offering circular entitled “U.S. Federal Income Tax Considerations,” including for a discussion of the special rules applicable to dividends in redemption of shares and liquidating dividends.

Dividend payout options for foreign / non-USA investors

Foreign / non-USA investors may choose to receive their dividends by mailing a physical check for a $5 fee or international wire transfer for a $10 fee. The fee is deducted from the dividend funds.

Foreign / non-USA investors can also enroll in the dividend reinvestment program. To enroll, please contact us and we will send you a secure docusign form to enroll.

Can I invest with an self-directed IRA or brokerage account?

You may be able to invest with a self-directed IRA. Please see this page for info on investing with a self-directed IRA. You may need to consult a tax advisor if you’d like to invest. This would apply for investors with brokerage firm accounts as well.

Learn More Before Investing

Diversify your portfolio by investing in a conservatively-leveraged REIT that has generated strong passive income to investors with a 8.3% average annualized dividend yield since 2017.

Real estate offerings like REITs with Streitwise are open to all investors and are considered one of the best ways to hedge for inflation.