When the high-end horse market is surpassing previous peak pricing, people must be feeling good. Other things you don’t see at the bottom? “Developer eyes tallest skyscraper in [BLANK].” At any rate, there’s no reason for us regular folk to go chasing exotic investments when, as Ben Carlson reminds us, consistently saving more and investing in ourselves is a worthy goal. And while we’re talking about saving, you know who does that a lot apparently? Baby boomers! Who are living longer! Than ever! And according to the San Francisco Fed, that means lower interest rates are here to stay. For the time being, looking like that’s also pretty darn supportive of commercial real estate prices.
That’s your view from the stREIT. Have a great weekend!
- This proposed 90-story structure would be the tallest building in Denver (Denver Post)
- Income Alpha (A Wealth of Common Sense)
- Demographic Transition and Low U.S. Interest Rates (Federal Reserve Board of SF)
- CRE National Price Indices Maintain Upward Trend Through Summer’s End (Costar)
- The High-End Horse Market Has Finally Recovered From the Financial Crisis (Bloomberg)