When the high-end horse market is surpassing previous peak pricing, people must be feeling good. Other things you don’t see at the bottom? “Developer eyes tallest skyscraper in [BLANK].” At any rate, there’s no reason for us regular folk to go chasing exotic investments when, as Ben Carlson reminds us, consistently saving more and investing in ourselves is a worthy goal. And while we’re talking about saving, you know who does that a lot apparently? Baby boomers! Who are living longer! Than ever! And according to the San Francisco Fed, that means lower interest rates are here to stay. For the time being, looking like that’s also pretty darn supportive of commercial real estate prices.
That’s your view from the stREIT. Have a great weekend!
- This proposed 90-story structure would be the tallest building in Denver (Denver Post)
- Income Alpha (A Wealth of Common Sense)
- Demographic Transition and Low U.S. Interest Rates (Federal Reserve Board of SF)
- CRE National Price Indices Maintain Upward Trend Through Summer’s End (Costar)
- The High-End Horse Market Has Finally Recovered From the Financial Crisis (Bloomberg)
Mr. Karsh is CEO and Co-Founder of Streitwise and Tryperion Holdings.
Prior to forming Streitwise, Mr. Karsh was an Acquisitions Analyst for Canyon Capital Realty Advisors and the Canyon-Johnson Urban Funds, where he was responsible for underwriting, structuring and executing value-add and opportunistic transactions. He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from the University of Pennsylvania. Mr. Karsh is a member of ULI and is also a Real Estate & Construction member of the Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles.